Puskiyon is a card shedding game where one card is usually played at a time. It is played in Turkey?
Puskiyon is a card shedding game for 4 players. The object of the game is to score the least points. The winner of each hand is the first player to play all of their cards.
At the beginning of the game, the dealer is randomly selected and during the game, the deal continues around the table clockwise.
Puskiyon uses a standard 52 card deck and five cards are randomly dealt to each player (a different amounts of cards may be dealt for a different number of players). The remaining cards are placed face down on the table to form the draw from pile (DFP). The top card of the DFP is placed, face up, right next to the draw from pile, to start the discard pile (DP).
The player to the immediate left of the dealer always plays first and the play proceeds clockwise until it is changed by the game:
- A card which matches the value or suit of the card on top of the DP, is considered a good play (for example if the top card on the DP is the 10 of spades then a 10, or spade are allowable plays).
- Each player either plays an allowable card face up on top of the discard pile, or draws a card from the DFP.
- A player my draw one card from the draw from pile. If a playable card is drawn the player has the option to play it. If no playable cards are drawn or the player chooses not to play they may pass.
- The first player to discard their last card wins the hand and play stops. All other players score for the cards remaining in their hands.
- However, if no player can discard their last card and there are no cards available in the DFP the play continues without drawing. A player who cannot or does not want to play a card simply passes.
- If all players pass, the game is considered blocked. Play stops and all players score for the cards remaining in their hands.
- All cards are worth: face cards are scored at 10 points and the rest at face value (for example a 5 = 5 points, a 9 = 9 points, and so on)
- The total value of all the cards in the hands of the non-winning players is added up for each hand.
- The game continues until 1 player reaches 200 points (point value may be different for different number of players).
- Once one player reaches 200 points the person with the lowest score wins.